D800E 5bracket HDR vs None HDR Intirior Photography TEST

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
fad
fad
Forum ProPosts: 11,807Gear list
Like?
Re: D800E 5bracket HDR vs None HDR Intirior Photography TEST
In reply to Arsen, Nov 12, 2012

My Nikon strobes come with orange filters that match the color balance of tungsten light.  Florescent filters are not as reliable.

You can change the CB of daylight through windows with the adjustment brush in LR, and avoid PS for many pictures.

Modern FF Dslr's, D3s, or the newest Nikons or Canons, let you shoot at higher iso's and reduce your dependency on flash.   Time is money.   Lenses with IS reduce the need for tripods.   With this you can shoot faster and pay more attention to the position of the camera for a good effect.

As someone suggested, shooting the kitchen higher, even if handheld, would be much more inviting.   The first question isn't "how do I get perfect tones and WB" but what do I want the viewer to see?  A kitchen with invisible counters is not going to make the sale.

Real estate values around the country depend on location.  I'm a firm believer that most brokers and sellers, especially if there are unique selling points, underestimate the value of good photography and underpay.

-- hide signature --

Frank
All photos shot in downtown Manhattan unless otherwise noted.
Thanks in advance for the kindness of your comments or critiques.

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow