Mark Chan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,706
Like?
Re: Purple fringing under very bright conditions and maximum aperture
In reply to rkeller, Nov 12, 2012

rkeller wrote:

Mark Chan wrote:

John King wrote:

It looks as if it is significantly worse when your metering is "off" a bit to my eyes.

As a person that rarely prints, I still agree that it'll be hard to see on prints. And yes, its very easily triggered when there is overexposure.

Stopping down to f3 - f3.5 from my shots yesterday apparently eliminated the issue.

It does appear that you were slightly overexposing a lot of the wide-open aperture shots, whereas the few you showed stopped down a bit were exposed more properly. I would hazard a guess it's a combination of both. Regardless, the CA tool in Lightroom 4.x works wonders to clean things up.

-- hide signature --

"If you simplify your English, you are freed from the worst follies of orthodoxy. You cannot speak any of the necessary dialects, and when you make a stupid remark its stupidity will be obvious, even to yourself." - George Orwell "Politics and the English Language"
"Unfortunately, in digital photography a lot of people are seeing pixels, not photographs ... Everyone together now: it's not the pixels. Sing it with me." - Thom Hogan
"If you pick up a camera with any sort of serious intent, you will at least occasionally need to use a flash. Done deal. Lock solid, Take it to the bank." - Joe McNally

Hiya,

absolutely accept that; relying on the Camera's metering mode and using a UV reactive pair of glasses makes it difficult to ascertain correct exposure.  BUT, the issue is real and should be understood lest some other comes in and compares their big guns and disses the lens that its not worth the money.

And as Anders mentions, LR 4 the way to go.

Thanks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow