Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OntarioJohn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,959Gear list
Like?
a99 / Flashless Photography
Nov 12, 2012

I am beginning to wonder if the a99 is the first camera that does not need a flash.

Or if it is coming.

A flash perhaps if you have to shoot in the dark, but otherwise, just lights are good enough.  And perhaps a reflector or two.

If the room had directional, adjustible LED lights such as are used on stages now, with the present sensor, you could, in my opinion, do away with the flash.

The newest PAR cans, have large led's.  But if you put them together in a closer array and then had them at around the intensity of warm morning or evening sun, with some filtering, why would you need a flash.

I often find flash shots, especially from P&S cameras have a jarring effect, too much light seems to be the norm, and those who shoot with them all the time, (you know, the ones who in bright daylight fire off a flash), don't recognize it, as it seems normal.

And you think??

(I know, I'm a moron...whatelse is new?)

-- hide signature --

Retired forensic photographer.
London, Ontario, Canada.

OntarioJohn's gear list:OntarioJohn's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow