Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dan Marchant
Senior MemberPosts: 1,559Gear list
Like?
Re: making a calender
In reply to Vernon D Rainwater, Nov 12, 2012

Vernon D Rainwater wrote:

Dan Marchant wrote:

No, you don't need permission. Physical property does not have image rights (like people do).

-- hide signature --

Dan
-
I love my girlfriend, my dog and my canon 5DIII - even though none of them ever do what I tell them
I am learning photo graphee - see the results at www.danmarchant.com

Should you choose to check your inquiry with a qualified Attorney, do you believe He/She would have the same (or offer the same) opinion as stated above. Physical Property (Personal and Real Property) is usually owned by People and the People may have different (and enforceable) opinions.

I already checked so I don't "believe", - I know - what a qualified attorney's response would be. There is no law requiring a release for for physical property regardless of where you shoot from.

Carolyn E Wright - the Photo Attorney is a great source of info on matters like this. This post http://www.photoattorney.com/?p=1561 links to two cases that specifically relate to image rights (or rather the lack thereof in physical property) - both settled in favour of the photographer.

All of which you would have known, had you chosen to check the answer to the OPs question with a qualified attorney first.

-- hide signature --

Dan
-
I love my girlfriend, my dog and my canon 5DIII - even though none of them ever do what I tell them
I am learning photo graphee - see the results at www.danmarchant.com

Dan Marchant's gear list:Dan Marchant's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow