In praise of primes - which next?

Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lawnmower Shooter
Regular MemberPosts: 124
Like?
Re: In praise of primes - which next?
In reply to miles green, Nov 12, 2012

miles green wrote:

If one uses a film camera from time to time, the FA43 is obviously more appropriate; but holding out for a full-frame digital camera from Pentax anytime in the somewhat near term seems to me to be foolish. They've made no announcements suggesting that they have one on the way,

Sure they have:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50039154

and no recent lens introductions have suggested anything other than APS-C and 645 in the future. (At the very least, they'd presumably need to introduce a kit lens of some sort, a FF normalish zoom. There's absolutely nothing like that in the lineup or in any lens roadmap I've seen.)

TBH, I wouldn't worry about it anyways, there are quite a few FF lenses to choose from right now. I own 4 lenses, albeit 3 are poor quality, but they are all FF and none were over $60. I will likely be getting the tamron 70-200 2.8 which is FF, and the DA 35 for now. Point is, I was of the mind that lenses last decades, so why bother buying stuff twice. I also prefer having an aperture ring as I have manual extension tubes for macro. Just my two cents.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow