The biggest Sony negative: service and support

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
asdf photographer
Forum MemberPosts: 62Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon has their problems, too.
In reply to Danny Williams, Nov 12, 2012

I had horrible experiences with Canon service on 3 brand new camera's (7d, 40d and 5dm2).  I read rothwells post below that Sony RMA'd an a99 with a new one AND gave him a shipping label.   Canon would never do this.  They do not  pay for shipping to get it there (even with an in-warranty product) unless you are a CPS platinum member - which costs $500 a year. As if that is not bad enough, they certainly don't give you a brand new camera in return.  They "fix" your existing lemon and send it back to you. Or in my case, they do a couple "clean and checks" and send it back with the same problems, ignoring the problems on the workorder entirely. Then by the 3rd or 4th time, they actually fix it.  Actually, they never fix the 7d 100%.

Danny Williams wrote:

If it is SERVICE you want..........then I suggest you purchase a Canon. They know how to treat their customers, and they have service personel that are incredibly knowledgable.

asdf photographer's gear list:asdf photographer's gear list
HP Photosmart 320 Ricoh Caplio G3 Samsung NX1 Tamron AF 28-80mm F/3.5-5.6 Aspherical +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow