Aperture just deleted 233 GB of my photo files!!! Worst Apple product ever!

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
BigIggy
Regular MemberPosts: 257Gear list
Like?
Re: Aperture just deleted 233 GB of my photo files!!! Worst Apple product ever!
In reply to Marco S Hyman, Nov 12, 2012

Okay Marco.

I rechecked Aperture's current behavior by directly deleting a small project.  The program DID in fact move the project to the TRASH as the first fail safe and then DID WARN when I instructed it to empty the trash.  In fact, I even selected DO NOT PUT IN SYSTEM TRASH and though Aperture dumped my project and versions, the originals remained on my referenced drive.

So it appears they corrected themselves along the way and I stand corrected as well.  I am certain it wasn't always this way as I investigated after losing a folder of wedding originals and had been directed to the documentation explaining the behavior.

I still don't trust this completely but feel a bit more confident that an accidental deletion of a project won't result in an unintentional loss of originals.

BigIggy's gear list:BigIggy's gear list
Nikon D700 Canon EOS 6D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow