Best backup camera for sports/general/travel usage? D600? D5200? Something else?

Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ozonation
Regular MemberPosts: 468
Like?
Re: Best backup camera for sports/general/travel usage? D600? D5200? Something else?
In reply to Red G8R, Nov 12, 2012

Red G8R wrote:

I added the D600 to my D3/D4. I wanted a smaller FF body for travel and plan to get the 35mm f1.4 for it. I'm so accustomed to the larger bodies that all of my lenses feel offbalanced on it except for my 50mm. This weekend I shot the D600/24-70/SB-910 and the grip was not adequate for that amount of gear on it. If I were to use it on a regular basis, I would have to add the battery grip. The IQ from the D600 is awesome. My plan is to use the D600/35mm f1.4 along with my Panasonic GX1/14-42mmX for light travel gear.

-- hide signature --

Peter
Ontario, Canada

Hmmm.... that's my concern. When I tried out the D600 at Henry's I realized the great benefit was how much smaller it was, and that the great disadvantage was also how much smaller it was! It didn't feel exactly right in my hand, and I use the same set up as you describe frequently (24-70, big flash), so I wonder just how it would feel in hand when loaded up.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow