Said Good Bye to my Canon 5D MK II today.

Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
wy2lam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,996Gear list
Like?
Re: Ouch...I would have never done it but...enjoy.
In reply to marike6, Nov 11, 2012

marike6 wrote:

Let's be clear, shallow DOF is not the only thing the 5D bests the EM-5 at. But the 5D II absolutely destroys the EM-5 is low-light, high ISO ability (something like 1820 ISO to 800 ISO if you go by DxOMark), has higher resolution and better colors, a more robust build, etc. It's just a better camera, a money maker, and one of the most popular portrait/wedding cameras in history capable of professional quality results.

Hm.

The rest, sure, but I wonder how many might actually agree with you that the 5DII has a more robust build.

5DII is better than most bodies in many ways, but "robust build" is definitely not one.  Let me count the number of comparable or cheaper bodies with better builds...D700, check.  K-7, check.  K-5, check.  EM-5, check.  Each of which is/was just as solid (if not more) and defintely *way* more weather-proof than the 5DII.

wy2lam's gear list:wy2lam's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yep.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow