Why tilting rather than swivelling screens on Oly M 4/3 ?

Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ToddyAM
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
Re: I imagine the are saving swivel for the high end OMD
In reply to Rens, Nov 11, 2012

Rens wrote:

ToddyAM wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if they put the swivel screen on the higher end OMD as part of the product differentiation.

I really liked the swivel screen on my E3 and on my current GH2.

Which high end OMD is this? Is one rumoured?

And to rrockley, holding the camera in both hands with the screen out very quickly becomes second nature, I never give it a thought.

-- hide signature --

Rens
There are optimists and there are realists

My reasoning was that both the E3 & E5 had weatherproofed swivel screens so it would be a continuation of that design feature and give people a choice between tilt or swivel.

I think Oly execs have mentioned about higher and lower models than the em5 in other interviews as well. It may also tie in with their eventual camera to bring full functionality to 4/3 lenses.

http://www.43rumors.com/two-new-interviews-panasonic-ff-is-possible-olympus-we-will-have-new-evf-technology/

4/3 rumors for the original link

http://www.onfoto.ru/event/Photokina-2012/1980.html

TT: We discussed this with you in Amsterdam, and we cannot say how exactly the product will run. Once we introduced the OM-D, one of the professional level customers liked to ask us to have this type of compact camera for professionals too as the size is very attractive. On the other hand, compact camera customers were asking for more affordable prices for OM-D, so we tried to meet both demands. We can't see where we go in the near future, but we have a possibility to do both.

DK: I have a few specific questions. Many features of OM-D were implemented in lower models, but what will happen to OM-D? Will it go higher, or split in two levels? How will you continue it?

Interview with Toshiyuki Terada at Photokina 2012.

Just rumour and conjecture really but a higher and lower model do seem inevitable.

Hi Rens

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow