Do any MFT cameras have PDAF or "Hybrid" AF?

Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
FrankParis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,042Gear list
Like?
Re: Do any MFT cameras have PDAF or "Hybrid" AF?
In reply to Shawn67, Nov 11, 2012

Shawn67 wrote:

As an owner of the OMD I strongly disagree with that.

On the OMD use AFC on a subject that isn't moving and it is constantly hunting back and forth to keep confirming focus.

Use AFC on a PDAF camera and it will lock on to a static subject and have no need to keep hunting.

The "constant hunting" as you call it is absolutely no problem at all. Just press the shutter release and the picture will be taken dead on more than 1/10 of a second later. So your "strong disagreement" is meaningless. Aside from that, I've found that most of the time the "constant seeking" you're talking about doesn't happen at all and, to quote you, "it will lock on to a static subject and have no need to keep hunting." I don't know what the problem is that you have with the OMD autofocusing. It is magnificent.

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

FrankParis's gear list:FrankParis's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow