Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
CBR1100XX
Regular MemberPosts: 442
Like?
Re: Replacing a Nikkor 70-210 F4
In reply to PRW_Photo, Nov 11, 2012

PRW_Photo wrote:

CBR1100XX wrote:

I think it's finally time to move to a F2.8, now I'm happy with the image quality of the Nikkor so I think I can get away with a Sigma or Tamron 2.8 (non-OS/VC probably) but was wondering how those lenses stack up to it before I buy one. This will be for use on a D700 and probably D800 in a year or 2, but almost always at sky high ISO due to the venues I shoot concerts at.

Any reason you're not considering a Nikon 80-200/2.8? Since you seem willing to forgo OS/VC/VR, it seems like a logical choice. Coming from an older zoom like the 70-210/4, you'll feel right at home with an 80-200/2.8.

Paul Wossidlo

www.PaulRichardWossidlo.com

With the new OS/VC models coming from Sigma/Tamron the older ones are probably going to have a big drop in price....while Nikkor lenses really don't go down that much.  My hope is to have this lens for awhile and then sell it (hopefully for about the same since it will have already gotten the hit from being a generation back/used) for a VRII when I get a D800.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow