Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,937
Like?
Re: What a stupid post
In reply to Chato, Nov 11, 2012

Chato wrote:

Roger99 wrote:

Dave, I recently saw a great doco on the state of Republican politics called "The party of Reagan" but it will only be there for a week or so more and I don't even know if it will work outside of Australia.

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/?series=3624348#/series/3624348

Just thought about it when I was thinking about the knot heads of the right around here.

If the link works in America I might start a thread with it

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

The link works, but it's almost an hour long...

That's a shame.

I haven't looked at the video, but truthfully it can be summed up by saying that Ronald Reagan, so right wing that he barely qualifies as a Conservative, would today be considered a RINO, and run out of the Republican Party.

Goes on to interview various Reagan contemporaries (and his son) who point out that Reagan would have essentially been ashamed of how the party has gone and of how his name has been used by groups like the tea party and the like.  In the end it explains how the very nature of the party and it's associations with corporate America are rendering it worthless as a political force and is destined to fade away as it represents the American ideals less and less.  It all rang true to me.  Back in the day I cringed at Reagan.  I kinda miss the senile old goof now.

And it's even worse than that. Todays, pseudo Conservatives, like this Troll Mr. Gallup have given up on even such things as basic honesty. I may disagree with real Conservatives on just about anything, but they don't lie, they don't make things up out of thin air. They respect honesty and simple morality. But like Fox, people like Mr. Gallup, think these ideals are throwbacks to another era; an inconvenience, old fashioned ​conservative,

Dave

Yep.  The Republican party is in the process of committing suicide.

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow