SX50 Mini-Review Take One - Initial Observations, SX50 vs SX40, and Images

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,449Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50 Mini-Review Take One - Initial Observations, SX50 vs SX40, and Images
In reply to Susan Taylor, Nov 11, 2012

Susan Taylor wrote:

All I can say is "Wow!" I've never gotten this great and thorough a review (mini or not) from reading any other article online or in a printed magazine! Although I sent my SX50 back (because I really didn't "need" the bigger zoom factor), I'm enthralled by all you've brought out about it that I can't begin to ever know. Still I wonder if I could succeed with the older (but with a zoom more in my "need" range) SX40. My mother should never have given me the camera and photography "gene" Thank you so much for all your information and expertise!

Thanks Susan, I really appreciate your comments.

I did read in your thread that the 50 was going back, and I think that for you it was a good decision. Ther 50 may have a few more bells and whistles, but the 40 that you already have is still a fun and very capable camera. And it certainly produces wonderful results as we have seen from all the talented people around here.

And I'm happy you have the photography "gene" like so many others of us around here. The people, as well as the information and images, are why I like hangin' round this forum.

Vision

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow