Why tilting rather than swivelling screens on Oly M 4/3 ?

Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rens
Senior MemberPosts: 1,469Gear list
Like?
Pany RAW
In reply to SidSnot, Nov 11, 2012

SidSnot wrote:

Even if Oly comes out with a swivelling screen then I'm sure there will be many other things that will bug you.

There's something less than perfect about every camera.  Some imperfections bug more than others.

Then again if you really are in love with the Oly colour rendering (and don't shoot RAW) then you really do have a problem...

I've always shot RAW plus JPEG, and abandoned the JPEGs on my GH 1 almost immediately.  But I found even processing RAW in ACR I couldn't get the colours I'd so loved from the earlier E3.  This could have been my poor processing technique, but I've been perfectly happy with my ACR rendering of Oly E3 and Nikon D700 and D5100 RAW files.

There really is no 'perfect' camera - they all have plusses and minuses - you just have to decide what you can and can't live with...

Of course.  And I'll live with the limitations of a tilting screen rather than Pany files. I also have trouble with the Pany wheel you have to push in to change its function from aperture to EV compensation.  I find I push it in without intending to.

My only other candidate for a pocketable camera is the Sony NEX 6, which also has just the tilting screen. As of now I'm leaning towards the Oly OMD.  I'd also get the very compact collapsing Oly 9-18 lens - a pity I gave one away to my son with the GH1.

-- hide signature --

Rens
There are optimists and there are realists

Rens's gear list:Rens's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow