How to use color control patches?

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Questions thread
Batzorig
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Re: How to use color control patches?
In reply to ronzie, Nov 11, 2012

Thanks for the message. After reading your entry I opened Photoshop and readjusted the Curves to make the RGB curves of the Black and White patches to balance in RGB values. Black being close to 50 in all R, G, B values and White being close to 245 in all R, G, B values. That definitely helped the contrast dramatically and therefore made the over all color look better.

I wasn't able to tweak the other colors to the right amount. It was a bit too complicated for me.

I also downloaded the Color Checker. JPG from the link you provided and using the photoshop eye dropper tool I checked each color's RGB reading. Strangely enough the readings from this file is different from the readings of Pantone CMYK uncoated from the swatches book in Photoshop.

Also from the link I downloaded the Excel Munsell Table. But I am not sure how to find the color that I am looking for from this table. For example if I am looking for pure Cyan or Magenta that is represented in the color patches on my image.

Thanks for your help.

-- hide signature --

Bat

Batzorig's gear list:Batzorig's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow