Internal Battery (600D)

Started Nov 11, 2012 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
carnaga
carnaga Regular Member • Posts: 301
Internal Battery (600D)

This might be a stupid question and it isn't a big issue and my world doesn't end to it. The question is does anyone know what kind of intenal battery 600D uses?

Last week I noticed that my 600D doesn't want to keep the time and date after I change the the external battery (LP-E8). So obviously the internal battery is drained. When I look inside the battery chamber I can see a glimpse of a small coin battery. The internal battery is sealed behind a small plastic cover. But I can't tell what type of battery is in question. I could brake the seal and look it for myself, but it's always better to ask first.

I could gladly change the internal battery myself (warranty will be void) without the fuzz with warranty service and one-two weeks of frustrating waiting time. I have had my cam almost one year and the warranty ends next month.

Best regards
Carnaga

-- hide signature --

carnaga's gear list:carnaga's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +2 more
ANSWER:
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow