I Can't Ask More....

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,355Gear list
Like?
You know....
In reply to Lin Evans, Nov 11, 2012

Lin Evans wrote:

" I'm not going to pixel peep the image, nor answer any silly pixel peeping questions or entertain any "this is wrong, why didn't you, means nothing, how can you, it's oversharpened, it's too soft, the colors don't look right to me" comments. It's just what it is. An accurate, detailed and quite satisfactory representation which is all I ask from my equipment."

I actually understand here where you are coming from. I really do. I only would wish that you don't apply double standards and have given me the same courtesy in the past when you threw in your "credentials" on how you know that other technologies are not capable of matching something similar at least in some situations as I had posted in the past and proceeded to decompose by the very pixel peeping you preemptively criticize now (DP2/ Olympus, back then).

That said, I am glad you are happy with the results you are getting. I have no doubt the DP2M in full spectrum light at low ISO is great, though to be frank, I am not seeing anything special about the shot you are showing (tech wise or or otherwise) and I can totally see many cameras getting a reasonable representation of the subject in question.

- Raist

Best regards,

Lin

-- hide signature --

learntomakeslidshows.net

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow