Is there a way to set the focus point on the NEX-6 in a way similar to the Tri-Nav on the NEX-7?

Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Cheepnis
Regular MemberPosts: 164
Like?
Re: Is there a way to set the focus point on the NEX-6 in a way similar to the Tri-Nav on the NEX-7?
In reply to losangeles, Nov 11, 2012

losangeles wrote:

The 6 has two control wheels, one on the top and one on the back. Can these be used to control the autofocus point, in a similar way the tri-nav can be used on the NEX-7?

The only truly frustrating part on the 6 is the lack of a touch screen. It's the one missing feature you know they'll be adding next year -- particularly ridiculous given that the 5R has it. I hope they'll be adding a capacitive one instead of downgrading to the resistive one as they did from the 5N to the 5R.

Anyway, I absolutely need a way to set the focus point and can't find it in the manual.

I don't know how the tri-nav controls work but in 6 the focus point is set - in the flexible spot mode - using the rear wheel (pressing up/down/left/right). Page 81 in the PDF handbook.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow