micro SD Card on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0

Started Feb 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
fabianfred
Regular MemberPosts: 436Gear list
Like?
Re: micro SD Card on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0
In reply to opus1259, Nov 11, 2012

I have a limited experience with Samsung.

I got the Galaxy Note N7000 about nine months ago. Mine is 16GB and I use the 64GB card in it OK. There is an apk called Ap2SD which will move apps from card to phone or vise-versa.

I also use what they call an OTG adaptor which plugs into the charge/data miniUSB socket and I can then connect thumbdrives or SD cards with a small card reader, or even small external HDD.

Remember these Android devices need to use FAT32 and not NTSC format.

Although they advertise 32GB and 64Gb models of their phoines and Tablets they are virtually impossible to get hold of.

I dropped my Note upon its glass and cracked it, so whilst it is away for repair I got both the Note 2 N7100 and the Note 10.1 N8000.

Both of these run Jelly Bean Android. Although i installed the App2SD apk it will not work as both models seem not to see the extra mini SD card.

I use a seperate File Manager apk for moving files about since these will see the miniSD card whereas the built-in MY Files will not.

Why the change I have no idea. I keep several thumbdrives handy with my OTG plug and so do not really run out of storage. I now keep the phone memory for apks and use the SD card for photos/videos,music/etc.

fabianfred's gear list:fabianfred's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Canon PowerShot SX50 HS FinePix XP70 Samsung Galaxy Note Samsung Galaxy Note II +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow