The Sunday BIRD Volume 8, Issue 21. November 11, 2012

Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Messier Object
Senior MemberPosts: 2,695
Like?
Backyard birds
In reply to Richard Pavek, Nov 11, 2012

A few more backyard shots this week from E-coast Australia.
All E-5  ZD300 hand held, raw PP in LR4

Peter

Here is an Australian Raven on the neighbours rooftop. This fellow readily comes into my backyard but he has no tolerance for humans and immediately moves off the moment he sees me. 
I used M exposure mode for this black bird against the bright sky.  This is a 30% crop

Next is a pair of Little Wattlebirds, parent and young, shot a few weeks ago down the cost at my parents house.  They get their name from fleshy wattles that hang from their face - most pronounced in the male. This  is a 30% crop

And finally a set of shots of a young Noisy Miner in my backyard yesterday.  This bird is still being fed by its parents and (true to its name) was making an  incessant  "cheep-chip-cheep" call as the parents waited on it, handing over small insects and grubs.  I followed them for a while trying to catch the feeding moment - no luck.    The 2 close shots are of the bird in my lemon tree, the others are high overhead in a eucalyptus tree

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow