Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
teaberry
Regular MemberPosts: 332Gear list
Like?
Keep NEX-7 or NEX-6 if same price?
Nov 11, 2012

I ordered a NEX-6 w/ 16-50 kit lens that shipped on the way, but I got a great deal on a NEX-7 body on a store closeout recently. I think after selling the 16-50 kit lens that I don't really need/want, both bodies will be about the same net cost of $700ish for me.

Question is, which one would you keep if they are the same price?

I currently have the SEL18200, 16mm pancake w/ both converters, and Sigma 30mm. I may get more e-mount and LAEA2 and alpha/legacy lenses in the future. I had nex-5, then upgraded to nex-5n for more video manual controls, but now I want faster focus and buiilt-in EVF so nex-6 was a natural move. But, I got a great deal on the NEX-7 and took it to Grand Canyon and Las Vegas and really enjoyed using it. I know the AF is slower just like my 5n, but the reduced shutter button press lag is definitely enjoyable and IMO, makes up a lot for slower AF in some cases. I also just found out nex-6 doesn't have 3.5mm mic input for videos which is a bummer.

Any thoughts from owners of one or the other? Thx

Some NEX-7 sample pics with SEL18200 and Sigma 30mm all hand-held:

teaberry's gear list:teaberry's gear list
A3000 Sony Alpha 7 Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow