which teleconverter for m4/3 using canon fd lens

Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gregm61
Forum ProPosts: 13,749Gear list
Like?
Re: which teleconverter for m4/3 using canon fd lens
In reply to henhen, Nov 11, 2012

henhen wrote:

I have a panasonic gf3 with the kit 14-42 lens. I have two canon fd lenses with fotodiox fd-m4/3 lens adaapters. I want to get a teleconverter primarily for use on the canon fd 70-210mm lens.

do i get the panasonic teleconverter for the gf3 ...attach it to the body and to that attach the adapter with the canon lens.

or do i get the teleconverter for the canon fd lens....attach it to the fd lens and connect it to the gf3 using the adapter??

any tips?

Exactly which Panasonic teleconverter are you talking about? They don't make one.

You need to buy a teleconverter designed to be used with the Canon lens, attach the teleconverter to the adapter and the lens to the teleconverter.

Most third-party teleconverters from that period for any brand-lens are cr@p. I would find a Canon TC, unless image quality is not all that important. In the case of older teleconverters, you get what you pay for. There are no good, cheap TC's.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow