ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BPB
BPB
Contributing MemberPosts: 625
Like?
Is This Such A Crazy Idea??
Nov 11, 2012

I am simply fed up with waiting for Nikon to announce a “proper” replacement for the D300/D300S, that is if they have any intention of actually giving us a replacement. I am considering the following option!! Please let me know (with your reasons) if you think I am considering a sensible choice or a crazy one.

I have several long lenses, the most used of which are,

Sigma 100-300mm

Sigma 120-400mm

Sigma 300-800mm

I currently shoot with a D300 and have been waiting for ages for Nikon to provide a real DX upgrade body for me to add to the D300.

So, instead of waiting for heaven knows how long for Nikon to get their thumb out of their backside, I am thinking of buying up to four D90 bodies and sticking one on each long lens permanently. The D90 will produce shots almost as good as a D300 and four D90’s are about the same price as one D600 which I do not want anyway.

The advantage of the D90’s using the same batteries and sensor as the D300 would help I think.

So am I crazy????

Bryan (BPB)

Nikon D300 Nikon D600 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow