FZ200 - Very poor results in hockey rink today

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
eagle2a
Senior MemberPosts: 1,890
Like?
Re: FZ200 - Very poor results in hockey rink today
In reply to giraffe, Nov 10, 2012

giraffe wrote:

Also just came back from an indoor hockey rink shooting photos of my grandson. Had to pump up the ISO to 800 and stationary shots were OK (ie when they were facing off). However, lots of noise - have to run them through a noise reduction program before processing. I think I could get up to 5x7 size printouts. Getting action shots was darn near impossible - I got lucky on one or two. Tried 2 and 5 shot bursts, single burst, AFS as well as AFC. Not sure if this camera is a good one for indoor low light action shots - might be asking a little much from a $600 camera.

Afterwords went to a conservation area to ensure camera continued to work in cold weather as my last camera was returned as it didn't like cold weather. So far it is working better than the 1st camera. I have had the "power on and power on camera" message but only once.

-- hide signature --

Bert D

Bert: These are interesting observations, but then how do you explain the results that Juggler got at this dance competition using burst mode?

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3295723

This is a very interesting thread that juggler has started and I recommend it to all FZ200 owners.

Don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow