K-01 Getting used to no viewfinder

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Questions thread
Jim in Hudson
Contributing MemberPosts: 937Gear list
Like?
Re: K-01 Getting used to no viewfinder
In reply to rmalbers, Nov 10, 2012

rmalbers wrote:

I've been taking pictures using a viewfinder for 50 years, for those of you who were in the same boat, did you get used to a K01 without the viewfinder? Anyone find it just didn't work for them? I take mostly all landscape shots. (I'm kind of worried about sun relection on the LCD.) I'll use a 18-55, 55-300 and misc 50 mm manual and 'A' lenses with it. At these prices I'm thinking about giving it a try over the K-30, and these prices make the 'looks' of it easier to handle LOL. I currently have a K100 so either would be a nice upgrade. I also have been thinking that with the 16 M sensor I'll be able to get by with a lot more cropping options if I 'miss frame' shots.

I had an Olympus m4/3 for a couple of years.  When I bought it, I thought I could get used to not having a viewfinder but I never could.  Never felt like I was properly framing shots and, as you might imagine, there's a limit to how large a lens most can practically use.  Now some might say they can hold still a camera and large lens away from their body but I, and think many others, can't.  YMMV.

Jim in Hudson's gear list:Jim in Hudson's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow