Suggestions for a winter visit to Japan

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Questions thread
wiwi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,123Gear list
Like?
Re: mosswings,
In reply to yokochanie, Nov 10, 2012

yokochanie wrote:

When in Kyoto, take a trip to Koyasan, (best reached from the Osaka loop line in Osaka, then there is a private railway from there that takes you there. Google is to see what it offers. I have done the graveyard there three times, twice last christmas and will again this christmas. Get there early and spend the day there. You can stay the night but it costs more then an arm and leg.

You will need a tripod for the graveyard as the tall trees cut the light down. If you are lucky enough to get snow then it will be better. There is also a fountain that will have weeks worth of ice in and the shapes and patterns are amazing. This is in the main graveyard bit.

Have a great time

That looks really interesting, thanks!!  I'm not too sure if I'll be able to fit it in but it's definitely something I'll look to including if I can.  Great suggestion, thanks very much.

-- hide signature --

The world is too big for one lifetime, and one lens.
Check out where I am on www.whereswiwi.com

wiwi's gear list:wiwi's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 550D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow