SIGN PETITION Nikon d600 dust on sensor

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Pradipta Dutta
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,764Gear list
Like?
Very simple, do what the more experienced photographers do
In reply to 1w12q312qw1, Nov 10, 2012

1w12q312qw1 wrote:

OK, you've stated the obvious, now what's your solution? Give up photography? Spend more time in Photoshop than behind the camera? Fret about it until you break out in hives? Sit at your computer waiting for Nikon to issue a recall?

I think for most of the people in this forum, you've got to do something rather than nothing about the dust and oil. This is just being practical about the situation, not being a fool but being a realist if and/or until Nikon addresses the problem with this model.
Stan

If you read any experienced DSLR user, first thing they will tell you is to learn how to clean the sensor. That's exactly what you should do. Wasting time with petitions is not going to take you anywhere. Just accept it - this is part of DSLR usage life.

Believe me, cleaning sensor is not at all difficult. And, to make sure we talking objectively, you don't really clean the sensor. You actually clean the high pass filter that sits on top of the sensor. Unless one is really hell bent on damaging it, it is easy to damage it while cleaning. Only thing you need to make sure is that the battery is fully charged.

Do a search on DSLR sensor cleaning and you will get plenty. Learn both the dry and wet cleaning. Dry cleaning works fine for most of the time. However, when the bunnies are more stubborn, which is what the case will be for the oil spots, you need to do wet cleaning.

-- hide signature --

My Online Gallery - http://www.pbase.com/pradipta

Pradipta Dutta's gear list:Pradipta Dutta's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D800 Nikon D3200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow