12, 45, 75, ???

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kenneth Sloan
Regular MemberPosts: 384
Like?
Re: great kit
In reply to RSColo, Nov 10, 2012

I have an adapter.  I have done the tests.  In my opinion, the 50-200 handles better on the E-30 than it does on the OM-D.  Your milage may vary.

For that matter, in most of the situations where I am using the 50-200, I want to have at least 2 bodies available - so putting the 50-200 on the E-30 and the 12mm on the OM-D works very nicely.  If I were to go the adapter route, I might consider putting the 11-22mm on the OM-D.  Except that I find that lens is always "stuck at 11" - so I might as well use the 12mm, no?

Given all that...I would still love to have a nice bright 135mm in the style of the 12, 45, and 75.  Read the original posting : no zooms need apply.  The 50-200 is a VERY nice lens, and I use it often - but it's a fairly heavy and clunky 135mm (not to mention a positively HUGE 50mm).

And then...I'm pretty sure I'll be looking for a 250mm.

And then...perhaps it will be time for me to learn how to tame a fisheye.

I hope by that time I will have retired the E-30, in favor of an E-70 (maybe an E-7).

Or, maybe the promise of an OM-D2 that can truly handle 4/3 glass will come true.

All great fun to consider - but right now...a 135 is at the top of my list.

-- hide signature --

-Kenneth Sloan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow