Help! My Panasonic DMC-GX1 has this error: "Please turn camera off and then on again"

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mrscobbler
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Help! My Panasonic DMC-GX1 has this error: "Please turn camera off and then on again"
Nov 10, 2012

Last weekend I was using my camera and this error message popped up: "Please turn camera off and then on again".

I googled the error message and didn't find much in the way of being able to fix it. I think I've tried everything I can think of to fix it and nothing seems to work. Here's what I've tried so far:

-Turning off the camera and turning it on again does not fix the problem

-Reformatting my SD card and using a new SD card didn't help

-Restoring my camera to the factory settings didn't help

-Updating the firmware to v1.1 didn't help

-Switching to a different lens didn't help

-I've tried all kinds of settings on my camera itself and nothing seemed to help

Basically I need help! Has anyone had this error before and been able to fix it? I'm hesitant to send it in to the repair center because I'm worried I'll never see it again, or it will take forever. It is still under warranty for another month or so. I'm so bummed! Before this camera, I only owned point and shoot cameras and I was excited to learn more about photography.

Please help!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow