NEX-7 with Minolta 50f1.4 My first few shots with legacy glass, as a newbie I prefer old glass.

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Simonblue
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-7 with Minolta 50f1.4 Excellent photos....and NEX7 is impressive
In reply to Bajerunner, Nov 10, 2012

Bajerunner wrote:

I am using a Nikon D5000, until recently with kit 18-200 but just acquired a 'set' of older excellent condition (one by one) Nikkor AI/AIS lenses, optical quality on a budget, who cares about AF (I can manual focus, thougn I know some with eye diopter issues will prefer AF, I understand that) as for VR/IS? That is what shutter speed is for.

As for the NEX-7, I was planning to upgrade sometime to ahigher end Nikon, but the NEX-7 is leading the way and eems to have the best viewfinder (I would want a viewfinder, dont use LCD screens to compose and shoot), yet.

Definitely tempting....and by the time I am ready to buyt the price may come down a bit.

What is your impression of focusing on manual lenses and viewfinder ergonomics? It is a very large viewfinder, correct?

Thanks for sharing.

-- hide signature --

.....Just from an amateur......''Sometimes it's to your advantage for people to think you're crazy.”

The viewfinder in daylight is something to behold..to actually see the effect live is just beautiful. However in low light it does get a little noisy, I cope with fine but would like to be able to switch to an optical viewfinder like the Fuji.

Focusing at first was a challenge, I found I was getting a lot of blurry images.  I now use the excellent Focus Peaking to help to get the shot close to sharp then I have programmed one of the many custom buttons to zoom in to get it pin sharp, with this technique I found I was getting perfect focus. (Most of the time).

I have a Minolta 135mm F2.8 that I recently purchased on ebay for £50 and I'm having a little trouble getting sharp images., with no VR/IS you need to select a shutter speed above 500th of a second or risk blurry images, I guess I need more practice with this lens so I put it down to a rubbish technique.

I would definitely highly recommend the NEX-7, it's not without its flaws but what camera isn't?

Simonblue's gear list:Simonblue's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow