Very serious question about trolls

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Leif Goodwin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,390Gear list
Like?
Re: Pasta
In reply to f56andbethere, Nov 10, 2012

f56andbethere wrote:

Well, whatever. This is just stupid. My initial post was just tongue and cheek commentary. Karl, you're not a troll and I'm sorry I said anything about you.

I guess I meant, as examples, Mr. Scubadiver from long ago and the latest people who dump literally hundreds of images on the forum, knocking other threads down until they are no longer seen or commented on, some of which actually contain more than a single snapshot that self-glorifies itself. They seem to just love being a "top poster" statistically even though every thread is of the format "Here, pic!" ... and it turns into 7 pages of mostly negative discussion. Someone else that rarely posts puts up 10 phenomenal images that are really striking and explain their gear and technique, and the thread dies after 7 responses.

That's ALL I was driving at.

I wasn't trying to tick people off or start a fight. I was consolidating thoughts that appear in these discussions on a daily basis. That's all.

And for the love of god, I don't go around here bragging about my images, nor comparing them explicitly to others. And saying they're in local ´╗┐publications doesn't mean I'm bragging either. Nor does saying that I wasn't "yet" acclaimed. It's true, I'm not. I just haven't posted any images. Yet. But why would I in the middle of some urination contest? Most of you don't have images or sites listed and I'm sure you've made a critique or criticism before. Had I said that I was an internationally acclaimed photographer and that you all see my images at least 30 times per day, then maybe you'd have a point. But you don't. You prompted me to even mention it at all.

Post away. Moderation and modesty are not necessary I guess. God bless us all, every one.

-bro love

I'm not quite sure what relevance the above has to my post. I take images for a purpose, which is all I care about. I did recently have a couple of photographs published in a magazine, and a book, which was nice especially since I got a copy of the book signed by the author and the publisher. As to this forum, it is strange, very strange. I get the impression a large number of posters come here to have a good argument, until mom tells them it is time for bed.

Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow