Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ProPhotoDude
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
Re: Research result...
In reply to Maverick_, Nov 10, 2012

Maverick_ wrote:

Maverick_ wrote:

I am up for a new camera, not so to replace my GH1, but to provide a higher grade companion to it. Yes, there is the GH3. But what's the backstory on Sony Alpha's. I haven't been interested in them in the past, but was looking them up today and the Alpha77 looks damn interesting.

However, maybe I am Panasonic biased since been using the GH1 for a few years already, but is there a downside to Sony's latest Alpha cameras? I know the older ones had heat issues, but are there any other faults?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

-- hide signature --

In my research I realized that the video on A77 is somewhat lacking compared to the GH1 & 2. Actually I was very disappointed to learn that. However, image quality seems to be better and the camera as whole is a better stills than the GH1 or 2. However, with the arrival of GH3, the advantages in stills dept seems to be vanishing.

-- hide signature --

The fact that the A77 crops the scene as soon as you go into video mode is unforgivable   Apparently a lot of A77 owners are switching for the A99.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow