D 800E Wedding Photographers please comment

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
mlewan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,140Gear list
Like?
Re: D 800E Wedding Photographers please comment
In reply to fft81, Nov 10, 2012

fft81 wrote:

I have D800. I find it hard to shoot indoors without a flash using nikon 24-70. Don't even think about shooting d800 freehand slower than 1/125th of a second without VR. Outside the 24-70 at 1/500th of a second or faster works very well. I absolutely love 70-200 VR2 on the d800. I still have not tried 14-24 on it, but that is not a lens you would use for most weddings anyways. If you going to shoot d800 get a mono-pod for indoor shots or 70-200 vr2 in decent light might cut it.

I do not get your comment. You seem to ignore ISO. How high ISO do you allow? Did you try to go higher to allow higher shutter speed?

Only in very dark environments, like this aquarium, have I had to go up to ISO3200, and that seems to give acceptable results to me - at least after some post-processing. (The only purpose of the photo is to show a dark aquarium. There is no implied similarity with the conditions of wedding photography. In case anyone wonders, it was taken handheld with a D800 with shutterspeed 1/100, f/2.8 and ISO3200 through a dirty and scratched glass window. It is heavily downsized, but in this case no other post-processing is applied.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow