is the Nikon 1 V2 the ultimate mirroless cam?

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
johnparas11zenfoliodotcom
Senior MemberPosts: 2,207Gear list
Like?
is the Nikon 1 V2 the ultimate mirroless cam?
Nov 10, 2012

I had Olympus e-pl2.. was happy with IQ but not happy that it did not have an AF assist lamp, and will not AF in dim light.. sold it..it was sluggish in handling I thought..
was thinking of the Oly OMD.. i like the idea of an EVF (I can live without it..I now have a Nikon J1) ..but the OMD EM5 doesn't have a built-in flash..it is a clip on..besides it is expensive..
I just received my J1 last night and I am impressed with the responsive performance..you know with its PDAF and CDAF... reason i got the J1 over the V1 was the built in flash, I chose it over the EVF of the V1..
It seems like the Nikon 1 V2 has all what I want in a compact mirrorless camera..

1. EVF

2. Fast AF and performance/combo of PDAF and CDAF

3. AF assist lamp

4. Built in Flash

5. small body and small lenses

6. just in case I want to use my regular nikon lenses there is the FT1 adapter or even the generic ones that may not AF but that is okay by me..

7. the grip is okay too.. I do not need to buy a stick on grip or an add on grip..

8. some may find it ugly but then that is subjective..

9. the small sensor size does not bother me..

10. PSAM..just in case

Now if only the V2 came with a flippy screen ala Nikon D5200

For me using a Mirroless camera is for family snap shots/social parties..not necessarily for super serious Image Quality critical use..I have my DSLR for that..
..now I just have to enjoy my J1 and wait for 18 months when it goes for $399 refurbed

..and I think these types of cameras are not only for point and shoot upgraders but for DSLR users/enthusiasts who want smaller, responsive cameras that point and shoots cannot deliver..

is there another camera that can equal the V2? especially in the fast responsiveness performance aspect?

johnparas11zenfoliodotcom's gear list:johnparas11zenfoliodotcom's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon D90 Nikon D300S Pentax Q Olympus PEN E-P3 +6 more
Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D5200 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 (Lumix DMC-FT1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow