Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arsen
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Like?
D800E 5bracket HDR vs None HDR Intirior Photography TEST
Nov 10, 2012

I am a real estate broker, and I shoot the interiors of my clients homes. I normally shoot 5 bracket HDR , but I wanted to compare the 5 bracket HDR vs none HDR and see how well the Nikon D800E dynamic range is.  The  5 Bracket HDR was created with batch Photomatrix Fusion/Realistic mode and I took the single Raw File from the series and edit it in Capture NX 2. I must say, I really like the None HDR look that the D800E produces with the Highlight and shadow recovery. The colors are better and doesn't have the dirty look and yellow cast that HDR produces. Bellow are a test shots of my clients condo.. They both have their pro and con, but it was a nice experiment. In the future if I do none HDR, I would also componsate for the exposure for the windows and use couple off camera flash's to light up the room.

HDR 5 Bracket with Photomatrix

1 Single Raw File processed with Capture NX

HDR 5 Bracket shot with Photomatrix

1 Single Raw file processed with Capture NX

Arsen's gear list:Arsen's gear list
Nikon D800E Sony a6000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow