Another bag question (3 lenses with camera)

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jake21
Contributing MemberPosts: 513
Like?
Another bag question (3 lenses with camera)
Nov 10, 2012

I'm debating between two bags (would love to hear folks opinions):

The tamrac aero 36 and the Domke 700-80B

I'll be specific in my objective. I want the bag to be able to hold three mid size lenses (think lenses like 14-45; 60mm; 45mm, 25mm) not pancake not super large. I when walking around I want the camera easy to access with the bag on my shoulder so I tend to put the camera on top of the bag with the lens facing down (both the tamrac and domke have simple flaps over the top; the rezo 110 flap faces the wrong way making it more difficult for easy access).

My only real complaint with the aero 36 (in examining the bag - i don't own either yet) is that the top of the bag is not well protected so i'm worried a bump in a wall or hard object might put stress on the camera prism. The Domke seems to offer better protection in this specific location but it is also a heavier larger bag (though not so much larger internally). Also it is 2x the price.

Anyways if someone has actually examined both bags would love to hear opinions; or have a third option along this objective would be interesting in hearing. I do have an old nova 1; but it is much too deep. I'm leaning towards the aero 36 since it is less expensive but kind of like the collapse feeling behavior of the domke even if it is a bit too heavy for what it offers.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow