What display monitor would you buy today to pair with '12 Mac Mini?

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
danijel973
Contributing MemberPosts: 644Gear list
Like?
Re: What display monitor would you buy today to pair with '12 Mac Mini?
In reply to Tom_N, Nov 10, 2012

Tom_N wrote:

Tee1up wrote:

I use the Dell Ultra-sharps and they work really well. I love the Apple displays but I can't justify the price difference.

Apple wants $999.00 for a 27-inch Thunderbolt Display or LED Cinema Display. Unless you have found a coupon deal, Dell wants $999.00 for an UltraSharp U2711.

There are reasons why you might prefer the feature set of one of these displays over the others – the Dell has the most compatibility with different kinds of video card outputs, has an adjustable stand, and seems to have more display adjustment controls. Likewise the Thunderbolt Display is nice if you want a docking station for a laptop.

Unless you have a non-Thunderbolt laptop, like I do, in which case you are screwed. Miraculously, the late-2010 13" Air with mini display port doesn't work with the thunderbolt display.

danijel973's gear list:danijel973's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow