D5200 - another Jurassic Park dino from Nikon

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
PerrimanSmythe
Regular MemberPosts: 278
Like?
Re: Agree..
In reply to Barry Fitzgerald, Nov 10, 2012

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

I suppose it's Nikon's flawed thinking from years past in action again. They'll port down the (questionable but nice sounding) 39 point AF system from the D7k..beef up the fps a bit, but completely ignore the calls for a better viewfinder, proper hard controls for ISO and WB, proper support for wireless flash/Auto FP, a lock switch so that you don't change AF points by accident again all on deaf ears.

But they will sell a ton of them because 24mp sounds great and it will get great reviews

The best makers take the best ideas from everyone else and combine them into their own products, stuff like a decent VF, and eye level sensors are fairly basic things.

That's what new D7000 will be for. It's called marketing, it's awful, but today it's everywhere and you'll have to live with it. They won't predate their own top consumer DSLR.

As for eye sensor. I have some experience with Sony A100, and it has the sensor. I'd take Nikon D40 without a sensor instead of that Sony any day.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow