Is the GX200 really THAT awful?

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Blanko00
Regular MemberPosts: 215Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the GX200 really THAT awful?
In reply to cpceter, Nov 10, 2012

cpceter wrote:

I've got my eye on one of these and I get that files shot above ISO200 are pretty dire but allowing for that, what's "wrong" with this model?

I had one, unfortunately it was ill-fated and short lived, but I remember it with a teary eye. I used it pretty much in B+W JPEG mode and exploited the grain. I think that might be the way to go with this camera. What I respect is, unlike ANY other camera manufacturer, Ricoh seem to make cameras like a photographer would, keeping sharpness, rather than steamrollering noise at the expense of detail.

I find the character of shots is not massively removed from the GRD, but I prefer the elasticity of the 24 option.

When it died (lens malfunction) I replaced with a Samsung EX1, a camera that seems to have much of the same ethos, but gives a little more. But I have to say there's something about the Ricoh images that other cameras just don't have.

In fact I happened on this forum just because I'm looking to get a GXR... SNAP FOCUS! Yeah!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow