Split this forum by brand

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
M J Valentine
Senior MemberPosts: 1,244
Like?
Re: Split this forum by brand
In reply to Triggr Happy, Nov 10, 2012

Triggr Happy wrote:

This was suggested many times here, and I was always against it. Now, it's obvious that it's the right thing to do. All we see here is Olympus threads. Most Panasonic threads go unnoticed/ignored.

Other brands share the same technology and yet they have separate forums, so why Panasonic and Olympus can't have separate forums?

I absolutely agree. This forum is suffering from Olympus fanboyism and negative posts concerning deleted threads, etc. I am considering a Panasonic DMC-GH3 to replace my Canon 650D so a purely Panasonic Micro Four Thirds forum without the usual prolific posters (just see the statistics on the forum's main page) / Olympus forum marketeers would enhance the experience of visiting this site. On paper at least, the DMC-GH3 seems to be the first semi 'pro' level Micro Four Thirds camera which is appealing to me as a former Canon 40D (weather sealed too) owner, so the absence of debate seems odd.

I recently posted a question on this forum about anyone regretting changing from DSLR to Panasonic and said I won't consider an OMD; predictably, the OMD related responses appeared. By contrast, the Canon SLR Lens forum is usually helpful as has been my experience in 10 years of digital photography and visiting dpreview.com. Case in point, just try asking this forum which is best, 20mm f/1.7 or 25mm f/1.4 or even worse the CA performance for the new 12-35 on a Panasonic body.

A Micro Four Thirds Lens forum would be logical given the cross compatibility of Olympus, Panasonic and Voigtländer lenses on Micro Four Thirds bodies.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow