New 3D gear, when?

Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,219Gear list
Like?
Re: New 3D gear, when?
In reply to Knallberto, Nov 10, 2012

Knallberto wrote:

There are a lot of cameras doing "solala" (but not real) 3D - not only Sony. Panasonic etc.

It is "real 3D".  I'm sorry that you still can't accept that.  What you end up with is an MPO file, and you can examine the two photos.  It really works!  I've also printed some with lenticular technology, and it all works.

Of course you can make with EACH camera (perfect - static) 3Ds. Even with HelloKittyCam.

You can do the "cha cha" method and take two photos, but if you use the Sony mode, it will line the two up for you and package it into an MPO, which may be more convenient for some.  With two separate photos, you'll have to sort it out in software.  Lining it up is bad enough, but when the two photos have a different tilt, that is a bit harder to adjust.

But yeah, time permitting, by all means click one, two, three photos manually.  The Sony mode has low resolution, so if you DO decided to do it manually, you can get higher res results.  So, you might go ahead and just try the camera that you have.  I think a lot of people will appreciate having a more automated assist, though.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow