Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Darren Langdon
Contributing MemberPosts: 699Gear list
Like?
Re: D600/D800 Firmware Update Coming
In reply to Martin Grecner, Nov 10, 2012

Martin Grecner wrote:

Darren Langdon wrote:

If you want release priority, set it to release priority. But focus priority should be just that. The camera should only fire if in focus.

It is not even on older cameras. When you use a lens with A/M mode, focus and then override the focus on the end, it fires even when not in focus.

Martin

I think you misunderstand what I am saying. When you focus with the AF-ON button in focus priority mode the camera will fire whether focused or not. If set to just use the release button it will not fire until it is focused. If you are photographing action moving towards you such as a horse race and you only want the camera to fire when the action is in focus and only when in focus, as of now you cannot use the AF-ON button to do this effectively because as I stated the camera will fire as soon as you depress the shutter release without taking the appropriate millisecond to adjust the focus and only fire when in focus and track the subject that way. On my D300, focus priority worked this way. That's why it's called focus PRIORITY. They just need to make the AF-On button work the same way as the shutter release button for focusing.

-- hide signature --

___________________________________________________________ One should never 'take' a photo but rather make one.....the only thing you should take is your time. FCAS Member #104

Darren Langdon's gear list:Darren Langdon's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow