Switching from PC to Mac.. anything you wish you knew?

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mark K W
Contributing MemberPosts: 999
Like?
Re: Switching from PC to Mac.. anything you wish you knew?
In reply to Undah, Nov 10, 2012

Since you are asking me if there is anything I wished I knew, well yes...

I got my first Mac, an MBP, 3 years ago. It is my every-day workhorse for image-processing. Basically it is very stable and has run fine pretty-much all of the time.

However, what I wished I knew was that Macs (or more specifically OS X apps) do crash, they do need software updates, and there are multi-fingered start-up tricks you may need to know to keep them running OK (like the NVRAM reset cmd-opt-P-R). They do it much less statistically than especially older Windows machines (I run Win 7 and XP machines also), but I certainly found Macs and their apps do indeed crash and need some minor help to get back up OK occasionally (all of which is documented around on Apple's site or other places). Nothing to be scared of or worry about, just they do do it.

So, so long as you do not think you are getting absolute perfection (as I found some would have me believe when I researched before buying) all will be well.

-- hide signature --

Mark W.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow