Ian Stuart Forsyth
Senior MemberPosts: 1,457Gear list
Like?
@ JB
In reply to JohnBee, Nov 10, 2012

johnbee wrote:

Lawnmower Shooter wrote:

johnbee wrote:

Amazing how it compares to the 5D MarkIII and D600. Hardly any noticeable differences .

Yep it's pretty amazing. You are on the money, you literally can't tell a difference. I can only imagine what a pentax FF would be capable of. I think this is why pentax isn't in such a hurry to release one, the new K5 is well capable enough to hold the market, especially at such a low price for the feature set. I've seen a few pentax interviews where they hint about FF, I don't expect them of all brands to show their hand. I for one will be feeding my new IIs nothing but FF lenses, buying DA glass would be a waste if you plan on buying FF eventually.

Upon further investigation I'm afraid I'd have to recant my statement.

I have no idea what DPReview considers RAW in their studio comparison tool but its nowhere near what the RAW files look like in most default developers I could find. At any rate, here's what I found using Raw Therapee without any special processing(default).

JB if it’s no trouble could you post a K5IIs scaled to D600  thanxs

ISF

-- hide signature --

The Camera is only a tool, photography is deciding how to use it.
The most important piece of equipment in photography is the lens cap, if used incorrectly all your photo will be under exposed.
The hardest part about capturing wildlife is not the photographing portion; it’s getting them to sign a model release

Ian Stuart Forsyth's gear list:Ian Stuart Forsyth's gear list
Pentax *ist DS Pentax K10D Pentax K20D Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
@ JBNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow