DPR K5II vs K5IIs Studio Shots are Up

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lawnmower Shooter
Regular MemberPosts: 124
Like?
Re: DPR K5II vs K5IIs Studio Shots are Up
In reply to JohnBee, Nov 10, 2012

Again, I don't think we can judge sharpness in a setting like this, regardless of which medium we use. The K5 file shows the Queen of hearts is much sharper than the D600's, they are obviously focused at different places. It's very hard to compare the sharpness of any two objects because of this, noise is a different story. I think in noise, the IIs can hold it's own with any FF of today up through iso12k, except maybe with the D4.

In your crops above, the majority of the stuff on the posterboard is much closer to the cameras, if you look at the left of the playing card you can see the board protrudes from the wall at least an inch or two. If they could somehow make the display virtually all 2D it would be much easier to nail focusing so we can compare sharpness. One thing I do know, my IIs can throw down some amazing sharpness in a lens's sweet spot.

My christmas gift to myself (thanks to the wife) is a dual prime set, likely the FA100mm 2.8 and FA35mm 2.0. For now, I have a cheap 50mm and a 28-200 to keep my happy. As long as I keep the 50 around F8, it takes some sharp shots.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
@ JBNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow