RX100 slip case - i know its been done to death, but none seem right for me.

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,193Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 slip case - i know its been done to death, but none seem right for me.
In reply to asmd, Nov 10, 2012

asmd wrote:

Hi guys,

The unthinkable just happened yesterday, the zip of my small Lowepro case got caught on the edge of my RX100 and nicked the edge near the mode dial and took the paint off! Grrrr... This things paint is fragile!

Am looking for a slip case that i can wear on my belt or small enough to slip into my pocket.

Theres seems to be no custom case produced for the RX100 that fits what im looking for. It should be snug and form fitting to the camera making it as small as possible, a tricot/soft internal lining that wont scratch and cleans the screen everytime i pull it in and out and a velcro or magnetic strap (i prefer velcro). and it should be vertical, so i can use it like a holster.

The closest is Lowepros Napoli 30, but even that has wasted space in it. I dont like the cute camera case. The Olympus case is not right for me either.

Anybody had any luck with the kind of case im looking for? I have a Pentax slip case that came with a Pentax WP1 and is perfect for use with my Fuji F20... it was luck, but its that sort of case that im looking for to use with the RX100.

Anybody have any insight on custom made cases and how much they cost?

Appreciate any and all replies.

asmd.

-- hide signature --

you have but one life to live... barring the remote possibility that you may come back in the next life as a sparrow.. which would actually be fortunate,... live it well. - asmd.

Why keep looking for a custom case when you can buy this:

http://store.sony.com/p/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX100-Jacket-Case/en/p/LCJRXA/B

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow