with low light performance of the 5n, what is the appeal of full-frame?

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,478Gear list
Like?
Re: with low light performance of the 5n, what is the appeal of full-frame?
In reply to FuzzyQball, Nov 10, 2012

FuzzyQball wrote:

I have no experience with FF, but I would think it depends on what you are going to do with your photos. I can see pros wanting one. The vast majority of the rest of us have no real need. IMHO. Poster size prints would benefit, but I wonder how many of us do that?

I guess I don't think I'll do it with any shot I take purposefully, but I like having the option when I get ones that I really, really like . . . like this one I put up last week:

I'd rather keep my options open than close them off completely just because I don't print this size often. That being said, I was able to accomplish this with my 5N so there's that, too.

I don't even think it needs to be a pro versus amateur issue . . . some of us enjoy the hobby enough to just want the best quality we can afford. I gain great satisfaction in being able to shoot the image that I visualize in my head when setting up a shot even if most of my photos are just being posted to Flickr.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 OnePlus One +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow