High FPS is Dead. Keep your D300 (rant & whining)

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
hflavo
Contributing MemberPosts: 762Gear list
Like?
Perhaps a higher performance 16mp sensor D400?
In reply to gl2k, Nov 10, 2012

gl2k wrote:

From what Nikon has shown us over the last months the gigapixel race has fully swapped over to the DSLR market killing frame rates beyond 5 fps at full native resolution.

One thing I haven't seen discussed that I think is a real possibility, if Nikon is actually going to do a D400, is to keep the 16mp sensor of the D700 and build a D300s on steroids around it. After all, the D4 has fewer megapixels than the D800, and that same strategy aa a trade off for high frame rates and lower noise could be applied to the DX market as well. I know that nothing would have me more excited than this combination.....I bought the D7000 for IQ (and it sure delivers) but still miss the ergonomics and effortless ease of use shooting sports of the D300 I once had.

And, BTW, the 16mp actually does edge out the 24mp with regard to high iso noise and color acuity, as well as dynamic range.

-- hide signature --

HARRY LAVO
70 years and (still) lovin it!
A pair of Nikon bodies | All the glass I need | Manfrotto pods and clamp system| Enough software to still be only half-way up the learning curve

hflavo's gear list:hflavo's gear list
Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow