Not a single M43 camera anywhere to be found in my local BestBuy today...

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,015Gear list
Like?
Not a single M43 camera anywhere to be found in my local BestBuy today...
Nov 10, 2012

Just one 14-150mm lens in the locked stock cabinets.

No Panasonic, no Oly, NADA M43s cameras to be found.

In their usual spot was a Nex7, Samsung mirroless, Nikon J1, and that was it.  I asked the salespeople (two of them) if they had any, and they didn't even seem to know what I was talking about.

The only good part of this was that I got to handle the NEX7.  The body itself was smaller than I thought it would be. I liked the two dial arrangement and the viewfinder, but nothing else about it worked ergonomically for me.  I found the grip uncomfortable and the display smaller than I expected, and, being left-eyed, the placement of the viewfinder was not optimal.  Also, it was surprisingly pokey to focus and lock on an object.  My GH2 (and GF3 for that matter) are much snappier focusers.

I hope BB gets some M43s back in...since the EPL5 and EPM2 are new models, I would hope they show up in the stores at some point (they DO have them listed on their website, but not available yet).  As to Panasonic...they don't even have any of their M43s listed at all on their site anymore (there is a GX1 available through other vendors through their site).

The only consolation to all of this is that since everyone is buying online instead of in stores, lack of a product at BestBuy does not mean all that much....but still.  I wish Panasonic did some actual marketing of their products in the USA....

-J

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow